Monday, February 1, 2016

Week #20

Hey Mis!

Sounds like your week was busy! At least it's productive though. So, the big news..... I'm getting transferred. I'm going to the Black Mountain/Green Valley zone, near Henderson. My area covers the Castle Ridge and Shadow Canyon wards. I have no idea how to cover two wards, so it'll definitely be interesting. My new companion will be Elder Moen. I have no idea who he is, so it'll be interesting. I heard a rumor that Gladys Knight is in one of those wards... We'll see! I'm excited for a change, but it's tough leaving behind the people here. I've gotten close to a lot of members and investigators here, so it's going to be pretty tough to leave. I leave Tuesday morning. Today we're going to stop by some people to say goodbye. We made two stops last night, and I'll send pictures in a separate email. Other than transfers my week was busy. We had a car!!! A 2012 Dodge Caravan. But, the sisters left us with only 130 miles for this week out of the 900 miles per month. So that was annoying. Plus, they needed rides almost every day, so it was a little frustrating because it was wasting miles and time away from our own area. I got permission from my district leader to go a little bit over the limit, but it was still frustrating. I didn't want to go over by too much, so me and Balajadia went back to bikes on Saturday and Sunday. The rest of the week was fun though. We did another service project at Three Square. We packed produce this time. It was funny because they gave us a two-hour job, and we were done in less than an hour. So we got off early haha. Then the Flipper Bowl was Saturday. It was a paper football tournament, and it was awesome. Balajadia and I were referees, and it was a blast. It was a pretty intense tournament too. They had a youth bracket and an adult bracket. A member of the bishopric, Bro. Graham, won the adult bracket, while one of the Foremasters won the youth bracket. In between rounds they played commercials that people made. Elder Balajadia and I made one, it was pretty funny. We won trophies for best commercial hahaha. It's on the Friends of Sierra Ranch Facebook page or something like that. Sister Foremaster knows where it is if you want to check it out. Bro. Graham and I are pretty good buddies, so when he found out I was leaving he had me bear my testimony. It was a neat experience, and pretty much all of church was awesome. Manish and Velia Waite came to church, we were really happy. Velia hadn't been going, so it was great to see her there before I left. Manish is progressing very well. I'm bummed I'll miss his baptism, but it doesn't matter who teaches him as long as he receives the same gospel. That was pretty much my week! Let me know how the weddings go. I hope my new area will be fun! Have a great week!

Love you Mis!
Trev


Tammara and Brandon. An awesome couple we taught.
The Sinks: Caden, Jim, Lisa, Nate, Brandon, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment