Monday, May 15, 2017

Week #88

Hey Mis!

Sounds like a fun time in Italy! It was great to see you and the whole fam on Mother's Day, even though the wifi was weird at first. I had never Skyped in a Tesla or a bathroom before, so check both of those off the list! Haha. Seems like the family is doing pretty well, that's good to hear!

My week was great! We had a baptism this week!! Jordyn got baptized!!! She invited a ton of friends and family too, which was cool. The YW in the ward sang a special musical number too which was awesome! Also, Summer and Skye, two of the people we're teaching, attended the baptism, and even participated in singing the musical number!! It was awesome. It was funny cuz my old comp, Elder Hatch, taught Jordyn when he was here, so he FaceTimed into the baptism. It was funny though because he didn't FaceTime in until I stood up to be one of the witnesses for the baptism, that's when he called hahaha. That's Elder Hatch for ya, incredible timing haha. He's a goon. The rest of the week was good too. We ate dinner with the stake president, Pres. Hedger, and he came out teaching with us after. He's a really cool guy! I told him how Dad is an attorney, and so we talked about law school and stuff. He thought Dad must've been pretty smart since he went to Cornell for law school, and I told him he couldn't tell if he actually met Dad. ðŸ˜‚😂

Yep, still roastin' Dad, even 2,000+ miles away. We took him to see the Merrills, and it was an awesome lesson! Super spiritual, and Pres. Hedger unleashed some deep knowledge in the lesson. It was super cool. On Sunday, after church Elder Dodge and I were updating some things in our area book and preparing for transfers this week, when I saw two people that looked familiar in the chapel. I looked closer, and it was Bro. and Sis. Van Orden!!! They were like my favorite people I've met on my mission, they were in the Castle Ridge ward. Since I've served there, the wards got realigned, and their new ward meets in the same building as ours!! Haha, it was super cool to see them. Their ward has sisters, so they gave us their son's phone number to get him out teaching with us cuz he doesn't go teaching anymore. So I'm pumped!! Haha. Also, transfers are this week. I'm staying, and getting Elder Cook! He's been out for slightly less than a year. He's coming from Parker, he was one of the DLs when I was a ZL out there. He's a good guy, so I'm pumped!!!

That was pretty much my week. I hope you enjoy Italy! Have a great week!

Love ya Mis!

Trev

Sent 5/15/17 
Sent 5/15/17
Sent 5/15/17
Sent 5/15/17 
Sent 5/15/17

No comments:

Post a Comment