Monday, October 3, 2016

Week #55

Hey Mis!

Sounds like a tough week! But it sounds like your weekend was good! Mission reunions sound so fun! As for Asia, I really enjoyed it when you did activities with your friends and included me. Like the BYU football game, movie nights, etc. just do whatever you usually do, but include her! It made me feel really comfortable with your friends and with the BYU life!

My week has been super busy. We had two exchanges. Elder Pope came to my area. He's only been out for a few weeks, so I got to sort of show him the ropes. He's a really cool guy! He's from Idaho, just outside of Rexburg. It was cool, because we were in an apartment complex, and I told him to knock on a random door I had chose. He hesitantly walked up to the door and knocked. A short, chubby guy in his 20s answered the door. "Hola", he said. Elder Pope's face lit up. Elder Pope is an assigned Spanish speaker, so he started talking to him in Spanish. The conversation lasted for about 5 minutes, and then the man nodded, smiled, and closed the door. Elder Pope turns to me. "That was AWESOME!!!!" he said. I asked him how it went. He said that it was great, and that he understood everything that the guy said. "How did you know he was  Spanish???" he asked. "I didn't." "Whoaaaa!!!" Pope said. "Was he interested?" I asked. "Not at all,  but I got to speak Spanish!!!" Pope said. He was so pumped, it was pretty funny hahaha. I also exchanged with Elder Brantley, from North Carolina. I went to his area on bike, and it was pretty cool!! He's a great missionary too. We have a lot of great young missionaries in our zone!

We had some fun lessons this week too. One of them was with the Anderson family. They're awesome!, she had been taught by missionaries 18 years ago, but never got baptized. Now she wants to, and so does the rest of her family!! They're really cool! We taught reviewed the Restoration to help catch up the dad and the rest of the kids up to speed, and it was awesome! The dad, Lee, was like "it all came together!! It makes sense!! It's about time a church made sense!! Haha it was pretty funny. 

And, of course, Conference was awesome! All the talks were great, but Elder Ballard's stuck out to me a lot. I liked when he asked those who leave the Church "where will you go?" It's so true. Where else are we going to find an endless amount of love and mercy, other than in the Lord's church? I love Elder Ballard. 

We also had some tough things to deal with this week too. Like in one companionship, a missionary found his companion's open notebook, and in it were hateful, nasty comments toward him. On the surface though, their companionship seemed to be find. Sooooooo we got to settle that one this week. There's been a lot of gossip and stuff floating around the YSA Ward about one missionary in that ward, so that missionary had been freaking out a lot, so we got to go calm that companionship down. It's been an interesting few weeks haha.

Have a great week!
Love you Mis!

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment