Monday, December 14, 2015

Week #13

Dear Misa,

A lot of stuff went down this week, but first, let me answer your questions:

1. Did your Mission President only talk to you, or did he interview your companion as well about the situation?
Nope, just me. I don't know why he didn't talk to Wightman, but I'm not worried about it. It ended up being a big blessing talking to him, which I'll explain later in this email.

2. When are your next transfers?
Transfers are this Tuesday, and the next one isn't until February 3rd. Elder Wightman is getting transferred to Needles, California. I'm staying in North, Sierra Ranch ward. This past transfer was difficult, but it was a good experience. We're different people definitely, but the biggest thing was that we sort of had different styles and tendencies in the way we worked. One thing that I liked is that he ALWAYS wanted to work hard. He knew his purpose. But I didn't always agree with how he did it. He liked to play a lot of stuff by ear, while I wanted to plan ahead. Maybe I was a little too up-tight with him. He just wasn't the most organized, and now I see why Mom and Dad harped on me growing up to be organized haha. But honestly, he has a good heart. That's what matters. I don't hate him, he's a good guy. I learned a lot working with him. My new comp will be Elder Balajadia (Ba-la-ha-jzuh). He's from the Phillipines. I've never met him, but from what I heard, he's a good guy and a good missionary.

Wednesday we did a service project at Three Square. We made 1,500 lunches for under-privileged kids in the Las Vegas area. It was a blast! Miss Universe showed up on her tour or whatever. She showed up, talked to some people, did absolutely nothing, took pictures, and left. It was pretty random and funny hahaha. One of the ZLs got a picture with her haha. On Thursday, we met Noah and Ara. Noah is a ten year old who we threw a football with in the street. We told him about the Christmas video, and he invited us to visit him and his mom. They LOVED it. We gave them a Book of Mormon, and they're really eager to learn more. We're excited! Friday was the Christmas Conference. It was fun. There were a lot of awesome trainings, and then there were some skits and talents that people did. It was pretty funny. Probably my favorite was an elder read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas", but he did it while doing impressions of people, from celebrities to presidents to general authorities, to even other missionaries haha. Saturday was the ward Christmas party. It was really fun! We had a couple investigators go, and they enjoyed themselves. We got to know a lot of the members too since the boundaries were switched up. Church was awesome! Martha and Tawnee both came. They both had their baptismal interviews that night too, and they both passed! Tawnee is going to be baptized Saturday at 10am, while Martha will be Saturday at 3pm. We're stoked! Wightman is getting transferred to Needles, California on Tuesday, so he won't be able to go to the baptisms.

So that was my week! I'll send you pictures and stuff in a separate email. Things have overall gotten better with Wightman and I. We still prank each other. Like I walked out of our bedroom under our Nerf hoop, and he dunked on me. I'll definitely study PMG Chp. 8 this week. I actually studied two more attributes this week, and I plan on continuing to do that throughout my mission to help me continue to retain them.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun this week on your dates! I'm glad you had a good experience at church too. I've never realized how much of a boost church can be. Like back in Binghamton I didn't really utilize it as a boost, just a way for me to socialize with people. But it can really be a HUGE boost! That's still crazy to me that Kendal is getting married. Is Josh married yet? What's Marshall doing? What about the rest of the old crew, any news with them?

I hope you have a great week!

Love you Mis!
Trev
Trevor with his zone at ZTC (sent 12/14/15)
Getting festive with Elder Wightman (sent 12/14/15)
Christmas Conference (sent 12/14/15)

No comments:

Post a Comment