Monday, September 12, 2016

Week #52

Hey Mis!

I'm sorry Friday was tough. I have days like that too sometimes. It's like some random day I start thinking about her a lot, and it gets to me. They happen, but what has helped me is trying to do what I can to make her proud. I know she cares a lot about us, so I try to think of what she would want, and it makes me feel a lot better. I know she's proud of us, and she's doing her own work on the other side as well. I hope things get better for you :) My week has been STRESSFUL!!! Definitely the most stressful of my mission. 

We had a bunch of meetings this week. We met with the Stake High Councilor over missionary work in both the Paradise and East stakes this week, as well as with the Stake President of the Paradise Stake, as well as the Sister Training Leaders multiple times, as well as our Zone Training Council. When we met with the stake leaders, they hounded on the zones for being obedient. I guess in the past missionaries in this zone were super disobedient, so it's going to be interesting trying to build stuff back up. There had been a BUNCH of transfers this round (of 28 missionaries in the zone, 15 are new this transfer, 7 have been here for six weeks or less), and so it's been hectic getting everything organized. We have an interesting group of missionaries in the zone as well. They have a lot of potential, but it's going to be interesting to see how they all mesh with each other.

As for my area, it's a pretty sweet area! The work here has been going strong for a while here. Plus, I'm right in the heart of the city. The Strip, the UNLV campus, and the airport are all in my area. They're all in my area, and they are all red zones haha. But is fun still seeing them as we go about. The ward here is small, but it's a good ward. The ward council has been on board for missionary work for a while now, so it should be fun. Each ward I've served in so far had been hurting in missionary work when I arrived, so it'll be interesting learning to keep the momentum going rather than trying to start from scratch. My companion is Elder Gonzalez. He's a good guy. He's from Florida, and he's been out 15 months. He's one of the few missionaries left from last transfer, so he's been pretty stressed trying to bring everything back together. It should be an interesting six weeks!

We have two baptisms this week, a nine year old named TJ and a 13 year old named Kavontay. TJ was found through an investigator, and Kavontay is from a part member family. They're both really cool kids! They were pretty much completely taught by the time I got here, but it'll be fun to watch a baptism! Haha. They were really the only two we had consecutively taught, we didn't have much proselyting opportunities because of meetings. It's pretty interesting, because now we're supposed to focus more on the companionships in the zone and their areas more than ours. It's an interesting perspective, it really shows you how to be selfless and charitable. Like there were some elders this week that needed us to pick them up and take them to the office to get bikes. It was right in the middle of the day, and we already had plans to visit some people. But, we decided to go. The whole thing took about 2 hours, but the missionaries we took really appreciated it, and I feel like they respect us even more! It was pretty cool.

That was pretty much my week. We had a TON of meetings, so I didn't get to proselyte much, but it was still an eventful week. I hope you have a great week!

Love you Mis!

Trev

No comments:

Post a Comment