Monday, April 11, 2016

Week #30

Hey Mis!

Sounds like a good week! That's awesome BYU is killin' it in baseball. Do you know how Brailsford is doing? I can't remember if he's playing or redshirting this year. Have you seen him much on campus? That's awesome you got offered a job at the MTC! Idk what I would do. I think it would depend on my options back home. I'm sure Dad would love to have you back at Gitto & Niefer, but then again, I don't know if that's what you want to do.

I had an awesome week. We had another baptism. Her name is Nina Moxley. She's a single mom with a 5 year old son named Bryson. It was funny when we first met her, because when we first met her, she said her friend had been trying to get her to come to church. We told her where ours was, and she was like "that's the same one my friend invited me to!!" So that worked out really well. She was confirmed yesterday, and since it was testimony meeting, she actually got up and bore hers!! And it was an awesome testimony!! The counselor in the bishopric who was conducting bore in his testimony about how he loves new converts. Then a couple other people got up and bore their testimonies about missionary work. This area has really been turning around! Since Moen and I have been together, both wards have already had more convert baptisms than they did all of last year. It's been such a neat experience being able to witness these wards turning around so quickly.

We also found some awesome people to teach this week. We had a traveling missionary visit our area, and so he showed us a lot of how to find people effectively. I really learned a lot, it was awesome. We found an older couple named Bert & Vicki, and they were super open. They have a pretty religious background, and they said that their faith was really tested when they lost their daughter to homicide. They've been trying to find the right church for them since then, and they've had a tough time. They're SO NICE. They're like my favorite old people in this mission. Another investigator, Kim, has been progressing really well. We met with her this past week, and they came to church yesterday! She and her LA fiancĂ©, Donovan, have both had issues with alcohol, so they've been attending an AA program, and it's been really been helping! They're getting married in July, and then Kim wants to get baptized after that. I prolly won't be in this area for it, but it'll be awesome when it happens!

It was a really good week, but it was long and tiring too haha. But such is mission life. Do you get to hang out much with anyone from our stake? I haven't heard much from anyone. Except how Dalton and Sammy are engaged haha. How's Joanna? Whitney? Marshall? Marshall emailed me a week or two ago, which was pretty sweet. Well, hope you have a great week!

Love you Mis!

Trev :D

Sent 4/11/16

No comments:

Post a Comment